Water Testing in Ireland
Complete Laboratory Solutions (CLS) Environmental Laboratory in Connemara, Galway offers all water testing requirements under Irish Water Quality Legislation. Water testing includes physical parameters, chemical parameters (organic and inorganic testing suites) and bacteriological analysis for a wide range of pollutants causing concern in waters.
- Household Water Testing: To test your well water or tap water phone 091 574355 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discharge Water Testing: Wastewater testing: phone 091 574355 or email email@example.com
- Commercial Water Testing: To test your drinking water, wastewater or process water phone 091 574355 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other water testing: Groundwater testing, surface water testing – rivers, lakes, seawater, leachates, tailings water, environmental influent, environmental effluent, polluted water and any other waters are tested in CLS laboratory to a high quality controlled standard.
Water sampling and analysis has been at the core of the main analysis for CLS Environmental Laboratory since its establishment in 1994. Both CLS Microbiology and Environmental Departments provide clients with the full suite of tests required by the water industry today. Through CLS expertise in this area, it has been awarded some of the largest projects in Ireland via public and private tendering.
CLS offers the following services to the Water industry
Drinking Water & Process Water Sampling & Analysis
The presence of bacteria and pathogenic (disease-causing) organisms is a concern when considering the safety of drinking water or water used in the preparation of foods. Pathogenic organisms can cause intestinal infections, dysentery, hepatitis, typhoid fever, cholera, and other illnesses. Bacterial contamination cannot be detected by sight, smell or taste. The only way to determine if a water supply contains bacteria is to test it.
CLS provide a range of microbiological testing services for drinking water, process water and ice to comply with the EC (Drinking Water) (No.2) Regulations 2007. Our service includes:
- Pathogen Detection
- Indicator Bacteria enumeration e.g. Total Coliforms
- Legionella Risk Assessment/Sampling/Analysis/Control
- Cryptosporidium Analysis.
Cryptosporidium is a protozoan organism which causes cryptosporidiosis. Cryptosporidium parvum is now recognised as a human pathogen which can cause severe diarrheal illness. Ingestion of drinking water contaminated with viable Cryptosporidium oocysts, the environmentally resistant form of the organism, is the major mode of transmission. Cryptosporidium is introduced into the water supply via animal excreta containing oocysts.
Please see our Microbiology page for more detail